Please read all content below as it pertains to the use of the site.
1. PERMITTED USE. Subject to the terms of this Agreement, you are allowed to use the resources on the site for your classroom purposes – all resources are to the best of our knowledge free resources and/or most attributed with a Creative Commons Attribution Share-Alike 3.0 License (for full details of what this license entails, visit https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/). If not indicated, the resource has been contributed by a user and entails copyright. Resources on this site are not allowed to be redistributed.
2. USER SUBMISSIONS. Meant4Teachers allows users to contribute teaching resources which will be made available for free to other teachers who want to use it. It is the individual person’s responsibility that their resources are full in their legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and copyright – it is not the responsibility of Meant4Teachers to check for the aforementioned items with respect to resources. All videos are free resources from YouTube that contained an ‘embed’ link, thus, the user previously agreed to share their video on external sites (embedding was not disabled). When you contribute resources, you give Meant4Teachers and its affiliates, contractors and users (collectively, “Representatives”) a limited, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free right to use, reproduce, display, publish, distribute, communicate, modify, upload, sublicense and create derivative works of any user submissions for any purpose and in any medium whatsoever, without limitation. If Meant4Teachers deems that the resource(s) contributed is inappropriate by any means, it will be removed from the site.
3. PURPOSE OF INFORMATION: The resources on Meant4Teachers were carefully chosen to follow the Ontario curriculum; however, it should not be used as a substitute for the actual curriculum documents which outline exactly what teachers are supposed to teach. It is the users responsibility to ensure that the documents they download are fully relevant to the content they are required to teach – this is not the responsibility of Meant4Teachers.
4. NO WARRANTY: Meant4Teachers provides teaching resources as they become available – they may at any time be removed without notice, and other resources added. Users are again responsible for the legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality and copyright of their resources. Meant4Teachers does not guarantee that the website’s use will always be uninterrupted and error-free.
5. NO LIABILITY. Meant4Teachers shall in no event be liable in contract, tort or otherwise for damages including but not limited to direct, indirect, special, punitive, consequential, exemplary and aggravated damages and damages for loss of use, profits or revenue or failure to realize expected savings, or anything else related to the website or user contributions.
6. INDEPENDENT CONTRACTORS. It is understood and agreed that in giving effect to this Agreement, neither party shall be or be deemed a partner or agent of the other party for any purpose and that the relationship of the parties shall be that of independent contractor. Nothing in this Agreement shall constitute a partnership or a joint venture between the parties. Neither party shall have the right to enter into agreements, pledge the credit of or incur expenses or liabilities on behalf of the other party. You further acknowledge and agree that Meant4Teachers is not, nor shall it be deemed, a partner or agent of any school, school board, Ministry, Province, union or other institution for any purpose.
7. SERVICES THAT HAVE A FEE: Meant4Teachers currently provides access to free resources in various teaching areas. It may at any point in the future add sections to the site that require a fee, or advertise, in order to generate revenue to pay for webhosting and related expenses.
8. CHOICE OF LANGUAGE. The parties have required that this Agreement be drawn up in English. Les parties ont demandé que cette convention ainsi que tous les documents que s’y attachent soient rédigés en anglais.
In this Agreement, “including” means, “including but not limited to”; and “includes” and similar expressions have corresponding meanings. In this Agreement, “Website” means the Website and/or any component(s) thereof.